More in this section...
Each academy in Northern Star Academies Trust has a Local Governing Body which works on behalf of the trust board to exercise leadership in the running of the individual academy and hold the Head Teacher and staff to account.
It is responsible for promoting high standards and strives to ensure that children are attending a successful school which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being.
The role of the Local Governing Body:
- Support the Headteacher and SLT to set high standards by planning for the academy’s future and setting performance targets for the academy
- Monitor the effectiveness of the academy provision
- Monitor financial performance against budget and the management of risks against the academy’s risk register
- Act as a ‘critical friend’ to the Headteacher and senior leadership team, offering support and advice
- Help the academy respond to the needs of parents and the community
- Help make the academy be open and accountable to the public for what it does
- Work with the academy on planning, developing policies and keeping the academy provision under review
- Exercise the responsibilities and powers delegated to it by the Trustees in partnership with the Headteacher and staff
Local Governing Body Members
|Tim Redshaw||Vice Chair|
|Garry de Castro-Morland (Staff)||Headteacher|
|Alison Hill||Parent Governor|
|Samantha Ramsey||Parent Governor|
|Sarah Rowntree||Staff Governor (associate)|
|Mel Riley||Staff Governor (teacher)|
|Sally Pitts||Associate Governor|
|Alfie Spencer||Community Governor|
|Hannah Ellingworth||Community Governor|
To review governor attendance and declarations of interest, please follow this link.
Previous Governors in the last 12 months
|Eleanor Belfield||Community Governor|
To contact any members of the Local Governing Body, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To send correspondence to the Chair of Governors, please send this in a letter to the school address for the attention of the Chair of Governors, or alternatively email: email@example.com