More in this section...
Safeguarding includes the establishment and implementation of procedures to protect children from deliberate harm, however, safeguarding also encompasses all aspects of pupils' health, safety and well-being.
Starbeck Primary Academy is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all children in school. The school will, in most circumstances, endeavour to discuss all concerns with parents about their child/ren. However, there may be exceptional circumstances when the school will discuss concerns with Social Care and/or the Police without parental knowledge (in accordance with Child Protection procedures). The school will, of course, always aim to maintain a positive relationship with all parents. The school’s child protection policy is available publicly.
- The Designated Senior Person for Child Protection is MRS SALLY PITTS and the person who deputises in her absence is MR Garry De Castro Morland
School is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of all of its pupils. Each pupil’s welfare is of paramount importance. We recognise that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse e.g. those with Special Educational Needs, those living in adverse circumstances. We recognise that children who are abused or neglected may find it difficult to develop a sense of self-worth and to view the world in a positive way. Whilst at school, their behaviour may be challenging. We recognise that some children who have experienced abuse may harm others. We will always take a considered and sensitive approach in order that we can support all of our pupils
Any concerns about inappropriate conduct in school by members of staff or visitors must be taken to the Head of Academy or a member of the Safeguarding team immediately.
If you do not feel you can take your concern to the above people, please either:
- Contact the Chair of Governors via the school address or by email to: email@example.com
- Contact the Chief Executive Officer or the Chair of Trustees via NSAT Business Centre, Gargrave Road, Skipton, BD23 1QN, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free, confidential advice about Whistleblowing can also be obtained from Protect: https://protect-advice.org.uk
- Safeguarding - School Specific and Child Protections Arrangements
- Guidance for Safer Working Practice
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- NSAT Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- NSAT Resolving Issues at Work Policy
- NSAT Staff Code of Conduct
- NSAT Whistleblowing Policy
What should I do if I have a safeguarding concern?
If you have a safeguarding concern surrounding a student at Starbeck Primary Academy, please call to speak to member of the Safeguarding Team or send us an email.
Phone Number: 01423 884780